I. ZO2 Framework Overview
ZO2 frameworks is essentially starter template that you can use as a foundation for the creation of your own templates can significantly boost your performance and efficiency. Some are more elaborate than others featuring in depth templating system, but this is the gist of a framework.
ZO2 Framework is the third generation template framework developed by ZooTemplate.com for Joomla! 2.5 and brings new improvements and features: a new structure, Layouts, Responsive Ready, Right to Left Language Support, shortcodes system, ping blog to social network and a powerful menu system called Mega Menu. The framework itself is our three years experience providing templates for Joomla!, it was developed to shorten the website development.
ZO2 frameworks come with everything you need to get faster the proces of designing and coding a Joomla template by reducing your time, and more effectively than starting from scratch.
ZO2 Framework also comes with a new structure: a light template, a template to hold the default design and media core scripts, a plugin to manage the shortcodes, google map, but the plugin to hold menu parameters for Mega Menus have been integrated into the core framework plugin to make the updating easier.
II. ZO2 Default Template
ZO2 Default Template is a new clean template design powered by the new framework.
- Easy to start developing templates from a blank core template
- Easy to update the core while customizing the template layout design.
- Easy to change color, logo, background image.
- ZO2 Default uses the responsive layout based on Twitter's Bootstrap Framework, with its collection of utility classes, to provide a great degree of flexibility for a responsive web design.
- Template administration panel is now your best friend: it allows you to edit files, upload your themes and customize settings like never before.
- Flexibility have never reached this level!
Please checkZO2 Framework demo.
Template Framework Comparison
|Features||Classic Joomla! Templates||ZO2 Framework|
|Design Features||Beautiful Typography||No||Yes|
|Right to Left Languages Support||No||Yes|
|Responsive Web Design||No||Yes|
|Administration||Easy Typography Usage||No||Yes|
|Upload Themes in Back-end||Yes||Yes|
|Edit Colors in Back-end||No||Yes|
|Multiple module positions||Yes||Yes|
|100% div based XHTML design||No||Yes|
|Advanced||Load modules as menu items||No||Yes|
|Page layout overrides||Yes||Yes|
|Front-end user tools||Color theme control *||No||Yes|
|Font size control *||Yes||Yes|
|Google Font control *||No||Yes|
|Schemes Colors *||No||Yes|
|Menu systems||Mega Menu||No||Yes|
III. System Requirements
ZO2 Framework does have some system requirements, listed below are those requirements broken down into their distinct groups:
We highly recommended that you always use the latest stable version of Joomla to ensure all known bugs and security fixes are addressed. At the time of this writing the current stable version is 2.5.7.
The recommended minimum requirements are:
- PHP 5.2.17+ (5.3+ recommended)
- MySQL 3.23 (5+ recommended)
- Apache 1.3 (2.2+ recommended)
- Firefox 4+
- Safari 5+
- Google Chrome 10+
- Opera 10+
- Internet Explorer 8+